Sunday, January 5, 2014

Holidays are finally over!

I feel terrible because I haven't posted in quite some time now but I have been ridiculously busy the last few weekends with Christmas, than New Years, and then Christmas again! I really hope that everybody had a fantastic Christmas and New Year's! Now it is time to settle down and get back into the healthy grind, right? Right! I will admit that the last few weeks, I have ate nothing but non-paleo stuff and I feel awful. I mean, literally, awful. I've been having stomach issues on and off, plus headaches and just feeling blah.

However, this post is going to be focusing on my Holidays and all that fun stuff so, let's get started! First off, even though I didn't get very much for Christmas this year... I received my second favorite gift ever! If you are curious as to what the number one gift that I ever received is, I will tell you. When I was 13 years old, I wanted an American Girl Doll so bad. I had wanted one for years but nobody wanted to get me a doll that cost $83.00! All my friends had one and I always had to play with their dolls and it just wasn't the same as having my own. Well, at Christmas time, my sister (who is two years younger than me) and I were at my Grandma's and we had opened all of our gifts. However, my Grandma all of a sudden goes, "wait a minute, we are forgetting something!" and of course, I didn't think anything of it. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, she produces the white Pleasant Company doll box with the burgundy cardboard wrap on it and I'm pretty sure my heart stopped. I think I said, "it's.. it's.." and that is about it. I couldn't talk for a good fifteen minutes I was so overwhelmed! I think I even cried after that. Anyway, I got Kirsten and my sister got Molly. My Grandma meant the world to me, so I have a very special spot in my heart for that doll.

Okay, well back to my second favorite Christmas gift! A few weeks ago, my sister asked me if I would use their old DSLR if she gave it to me. I told her I would, of course. I have been wanting to get a DSLR for quite some time but it's really hard for me to shell out $600 in one go (minus if it was a computer) so I was waiting for the right moment, financially, to get one. Now, mind you, she told me she was giving me her old one which is the only reason I told her I would use it. Yea, it didn't happen that way. She handed me a box, I opened it, and was pretty darn impressed that they had kept all the manuals and warranties... but then it struck me that it was not a used camera but a brand spanking new one because everything was still in the baggies. I was pretty crabby that my sister spent that much money on me! It was an awesome present and I am forever greatful for it! I love it too, by the way. To show you how much... it is now photo time! I only have three to show you because the rest I haven't edited yet but that is okay.


This is one of the ornaments on my parent's Christmas tree. I was trying to figure out the focus and how to use it without it being on auto.



 My sister's cat, Hunter. He was the only cat of theirs that would stay still long enough to take a photo. Definitely not the best photo but I like her chair haha.


My aunt's two lovebirds. It is really hard to take a photo of birds through bars of a bird cage. Luckily, you can't see the bars too much.

Well, I will talk about my New Year's in the next post because it is 1:21AM and I am really tired. I hope all is well, and take care until next time!

xoxo
Nena
The Kettlebelle

No comments:

Post a Comment