Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving Aftermath

So, we didn't end up having Turducken. Apparently you can buy pre-made Turduckens but that wasn't found out until after the fact. They are extremely difficult to make, apparently, so instead we had a turkey, a duck and two cornish hens. I didn't have any turkey (I don't know why!) but I did have some cornish hen and a piece of duck. Duck is... different. The piece that I grabbed was almost all fat. It was gross. I wasn't a fan of the duck flavor, if I am to be honest here.

I will say that I ate barely anything paleo yesterday. I consumed the following:

  • - cornish hen
  • - duck
  • - bacon wrapped water chestnut
  • - green bean casserole with mushrooms, french onions, water chestnuts, and bacon
  • - mashed potatoes with bacon on top
  • - two rolls
  • - yams with cinnamon, brown sugar and marshmallows
  • - stuffing
  • - pumpkin pie with whipping cream
  • - 2 budlights
  • - margarita

I regret nothing! Well, maybe I do. I had an irritating headache on the drive back and I took a 30 minute nap but didn't feel much better when I woke back up. This caused me to go to bed around 10:00pm but at 11:30pm, I woke up with a gut wrenching stomachache. It was horrible! I haven't had that bad of a stomachache in a really long time. I'm not quite sure what caused it, to be honest. I just know that it happened and it was terrible.

To top it off, I woke up with a terrible migraine this morning. I popped three Excedrin Migraines and went back to bed which luckily made it go away. Now I have to plan out next week's meals! I am going to be doing the Blogilates New Body Makeover but I haven't received my Fit Journal yet. However, it comes with a 12 week meal plan and it's not Paleo, unfortunately. This means that I have to convert it to Paleo! This is going to take me a bit but I will do one week at a time. I'm going to make my boyfriend do it with me, even if he doesn't do the Blogilate workouts, he can at least eat healthy.

Now if it was only this easy to make myself healthy mentally. I have seasonal affective disorder which makes me very bummed out when the time changes. It gets dark so early now, I hate it! Plus, it doesn't help that one of my good friends decided that he wasn't going to talk to me this month. It sucks, so much! It is tied up there with my boyfriend (former) of seven years cheated on me with a coworker and then broke up with me by posting a photo of them hugging in a text message. Yet he keeps telling me that he isn't ignoring me on purpose or actively avoiding me. Mmk, well you aren't actively trying to be a friend either. I am trying not to make it a big deal but it's so not easy. Oh well... maybe December will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment