Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Tomorrow is the day of stuffing ourselves with Turkey, and I am looking forward to it! I haven't had a  real Thanksgiving in a really long time. I am trying to recall the last time that I got together with family & friends for it, and I am going to say... 6 years ago? 5? Not sure, to be honest. However, tomorrow I am going with Ryan to his sister's and we are going to eat a Turduckin. I had to Google it before I even knew what that was!

Apparently, a Turduckin (Turkey+Duck+Chicken) is a 3200 calorie full blown bird feast. It is a stuffing stuffed chicken, stuffed into a duck, stuffed into a turkey. The images on Google look gross so I am not going to post one, but maybe (if it doesn't seem too rude) I will sneak a camera pic of the bird creation tomorrow. We shall see! I am pretty sure that the stuffing part of this beast is not Paleo, but I guess that will have to go towards my 15% non-Paleo for the week. It's Thanksgiving, I'm allowed to. I'm 99% sure that there will not be one single Paleo dish at the dinner. I am hoping my stomach survives the whole ordeal.

Speaking of my stomach, I have had this aggravating cramp on my lower left side for a few weeks now. I had it back in September too but my doctor thought it was an ovarian cyst. They did an ultrasound (both types) and nothing came back from it as abnormal but ironically the pain went away the same day that I had it done too. I should probably go back to the doctor... I swear I live there sometimes. I've been to the dang doctor more times this year than I have in my whole 30 years of life!   Seriously. First it was the sinus headaches that were actually migraines so I had a bunch of stupid testing done for that, then I had to have a MRI done on my head and it turned out that my pituitary gland was too big so then I had to keep coming in for tests to make sure it wasn't a tumor, and now this. Thank God for insurance.

Well, I think that is about it for tonight. I will be working on some Paleo recipes after this whole Thanksgiving ordeal is over with! I'm excited for that. Oh, and I am also doing the Blogilates 12 Week Challenge which is supposed to start either December 1st or January 1st. I think I will start January 1st because I don't have all my stuff from Blogilates yet! That will be on this blog too. Anyway, I hope you all have a safe and fun Thanksgiving!

xoxo
Nena
The Kettlebelle

No comments:

Post a Comment