Monday, November 25, 2013

Let's Get This Started (again)

I have been wanting to start a journal/website that is completely fitness/paleo/clean eating related for quite sometime now. However, when it comes to blogging I am super lazy. I have had my personal blog since, gosh, 2007 and I will write in it maybe once or twice a month. Terrible! You'd think if I was shelling out $120/year to keep my domain up, I would be better at blogging. Guess not. That is besides the point though, isn't it?

Let me introduce myself. My name is Nena. I am from the cold state of Wisconsin which means that I really do love cheese. Seriously, it is the single hardest thing for me to not eat. I crave it so much! That is why I follow a 85% paleo diet. Cheese and beer are my two hardest to give up items. I KNOW, it's so bad for me! I can't help it. Do you know how hard it is to give up these two items when Wisconsin pretty much lives off of them? Exactly.


So, how did I start my journey? Well... it started all the way back in the fall of 2012 when my good friend, Brandon, introduced me to the Paleo diet. He showed me some scary articles about grains & legumes which convinced me that I needed to make a change. Plus, I have always had stomach problems. To the point where I was scared to try new foods! I was always getting sick to my stomach and the consequences of that were horrid. Anyway, I gave this paleo thing a try and I loved it! It was hard not to eat oatmeal and peanut butter all the time, plus fast food, but my stomach problems started to go away! Around February of 2013, even though I had been eating healthier, I decided to kick my ass into gear.

That is when I discovered Kettlebells! I am not going to lie, they are the most amazing pieces of equipment that I could have ever purchased. From February to March, I lost a total of 23 pounds and over-all 33 inches. Yes, you read that right. 33 inches. Shocking? I know!

This is my place to blog about the rest of my journey and I hope I can motivate/encourage others while I am on the path to my best version of myself.

xoxo
Nena
The Kettlebelle

No comments:

Post a Comment