Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I cannot flip banana pancakes

As the title says, I absolutely cannot flip banana pancakes. Now I was all set to take a pretty picture of my lovely pancakes but well... they didn't turn out lovely. They taste amazing, but not so pretty to the eyes. They are 100% paleo so if you are interested in making them, this is what you do (maybe you will have better flipping luck!)

- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg

Mix those two ingredients together until the "batter" is smooth. Grease pan with coconut or olive oil and flip your pancake once the batter has the pancake air bubbles in it. That is it! They taste like banana bread, if you like banana bread. Very nummy. They will also be my breakfast tomorrow as well.

I have also decided that I am not a huge fan of mushrooms and cauliflower together. Not raw mushrooms but cooked mushrooms (ex: mushrooms fried with EVOO) because the mushroom "juice" absorbed into my cauliflower (steamed) and I dunno, tasted off to me. Otherwise my whole dinner today was delicious! I just had a grilled chicken breast, steamed cauliflower/broccoli, mushrooms and one half of a sweet potato. It may not seem that delicious to some because it was so plain but trust me, it was good (minus the mushroom juice part).

As for exercising, I spent an hour practicing with my hula hoops, and then I went to the gym for 45 minutes. I probably could have lasted a bit longer in the gym but my boyfriend wanted to go so, yea. I didn't go to the gym yesterday due to the weather (freezing rain + snow = no fun) so today I just did the stair master for 20 minutes and then did 12 x 3 rowing, 12 x 3 shoulder press, 12 x 3 chest press and 12 x 3 pec fly machine. When I got home, I did kettlebell swings for 5 minutes and 20 squats with the kettle bell. My abs are still ridiculously sore from yesterday's blogilates ab videos so I didn't worry to much about my core. Tomorrow is leg day. Hurrah.

On the mental health front.. my friend is still not talking to me. He claims he isn't avoiding me but evidence shows otherwise. I hate this immature crap. Anyway, that is all from moi. Toodles!

xoxo
Nena
The Kettlebelle

No comments:

Post a Comment